You’ve finally decided to go ahead and make over your property, turning it into the resort-style space you’ve always dreamed of for the ultimate in stay-cation appeal. That’s great news! So, how do you make sure you end up with a living space that hits all of your high points that is functional AND on budget? Make sure you start with professional landscape design for results that won’t disappoint.
How Can Professional Landscape Design Improve Your Project?
- Taking your plan from idea to reality includes many steps in between. A landscape designer will work from your initial consultation to provide drawings and realistic timelines for your backyard renovation. Experienced project management ensures your ultimate satisfaction with your finished space.
- You have lots of ideas on how to make your yard great, but we can help you look at your remodel from a practical standpoint. Knowing what materials will work best in your space and understanding techniques that will give you the results you are looking for are key to a professional look and feel when your project is complete.
- Landscape designers can offer suggestions on special features such as a pergola or a waterfall that can make your home stand out. Unique details such as these can become focal points in your yard that might otherwise have been overlooked.
- Managing budget is another consideration. Landscape designers are familiar with costs for hard and soft scape materials and labour, and can help keep your project on budget and on time.
- Setting realistic goals can also fall to the landscape designer. If your vision and budget don’t necessarily align, they can help to plan and budget your project in stages to be completed over several years, without having your yard appear unfinished in between.
What To Expect At Your Initial Consultation
To get your project started, you simply need to set up a meeting with a member of our landscape team who will be happy to get the ball rolling. Come prepared with your ideas, and expect to hear some new ones that you may not have considered. Key points of discussion at the beginning of any project include:
- How you intend to use your space
- Colour schemes or palettes that you want to incorporate
- Any must-have features such as a fire pit or a pond
- Potential material selections
- Proposed layout of your remodeled space
- Budget and timeline
Ensure that your landscaping dollars are well spent with landscape design services from Okanagan Yard Works. Give us a call today to see how we can turn your dream property into a reality!